Download the Complete Recruitment Flyer
Before applying, download this step-by-step checklist
POST Sworn Personal History Statement
Marina Police Department Pre-History Questionaire
Non-Sworn Personal History Statement
For more information, please contact our Professional Standards Unit at
(831)884-1295 or by email today!
Click here for the initial application packet.
About The Department
Marina Police Department was formerly a Public Safety Department with the police and fire services combined for over 25 years. In 2007, the Department of Public Safety divided the police and fire services into separate police and fire departments. The Marina Police Department currently has twenty-nine sworn officers and nine non-sworn personnel. The current staffing for the department includes the Chief of Police, two Commanders, six Sergeants, two Corporals and eighteen Police Officers. Those sworn positions are supported by an Administrative Assistant, a Records Supervisor, two Records Technicians, a Training Manager, a Management Analyst, a Community Services Specialist, and two Community Service Officers. The department services and programs include various police patrol services, homeless services, vehicle abatement, police records, animal control, school resource officer services, various youth programs, and crime prevention through environmental design.
About The City
The City of Marina has approximately 92 full time employees, and several seasonal workers, part-time/temporary workers and volunteers, including Volunteer Fire Fighters and Police Reserves. The general fund budget is $18.1 million, with a total budget of $36.9 million. The City is a full-service city, and consists of the following departments: City Manager’s Office, Police, Fire, Airport, Community Development, including Planning, Engineering, Building and Public Works, Strategic Development, including Redevelopment, Housing, Real Estate and Property Management, Economic Development, Recreation and Cultural Services, Finance, City Clerk, and Human Resources and Risk Management.
An Exciting Time for the City of Marina!
- Marina is proud of its sizeable ethnic and culturally diverse population.
- You can enjoy four shopping centers and conduct financial business affairs with three banks.
- Marina's library was recently completed and offers a large selection of materials, as well as computers and meeting rooms for use.
- In collaboration with the Monterey Unified School District, Marina opened Marina High School, its first high school, in 2007. We are also home to Los Arboles Middle School, Olson Elementary School, Marina Vista Elementary School and Crumpton Elementary School.
- Marina includes portions of the California State University Monterey Bay, Golden Gate University, the University of California Monterey Bay Education, Science & Technology Center (MBEST) and the Marina Satellite Campus of Monterey Peninsula College.
- The Dunes is a major development project which includes a housing component and a retail center with well known retailers, such as REI, Target, Michael's, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Kohl's, Old Navy, and Best Buy. It also houses several fast casual dining choices.
- Marina's airport can accommodate private, business or recreational aircraft.
- Marina encompasses 9,000 acres, which was once owned by ‘Fort Ord’ and is in the process of returning it to the public for natural habitat, educational opportunities and development.
- Visitors can enjoy the beautiful water-front Sanctuary Beach Resort and Worldmark Marina Dunes time share units, the brand new Springfield Suites, and much more.
For more information, visit our Human Resources Department.