Selai Lesu ,
Marina Fire Department Administrator
Marina Fire Department CERT Coordinator
211 Hillcrest Avenue
Ph: (831) 884-1213
Fx: (831) 384-5321
Monday - Friday
Closed Wednesdays & Holidays
The Marina Fire Department is organizing a Marina CERT. CERT is formed by members of the community or workplace who want to be better prepared for the hazards that threaten their communities.
CERT's have become much more than originally envisioned. CERT's have proven themselves to be an active and vital part of their communities preparedness and response capability. CERT's have been used to:
- Distribute and/or install smoke detectors and batteries to the elderly and disabled.
- Assist with evacuations and traffic control.
- Promote community awareness of potential hazards and preparedness measures.
- Supplement staffing at special events, such as parades.
- Act as victims in training exercises.
When deployed appropriately, CERT's can compliment and enhance first response capability in neighborhoods and workplaces by ensuring the safety to themselves and thier families working outwared to thier neighborhood or office and beyond until first responders arrive. CERT's can then assist first-response personnel as directed.