A full listing of the codes and restrictions related to animals in the City of Marina can be found within the Marina Municipal Code
. Here is a brief summary of some of the most common codes that citizens ask about:
- You must keep your dog leashed at all times. Allowing your dog to run loose dragging its leash is still against the law. You must hold on to the leash.
- You can not tie your dog to a post or tree for more than three consecutive hours. Tethering a dog became illegal in January of 2007.
- All dogs must have their rabies shots either yearly or every two or three years depending on the vaccine used by your veterinarian. This protects both your dog and the public from any wild animal bites that may be rabid.
- If your dog gets loose and is brought to the animal shelter you must provide proof of its immunizations and license. If you do not have a license, you must get your dog immunized for rabies within ten working days.
- All animal bites must be reported to Animal Control. This is for the protection of both people and animals.