Deputy City Clerk
211 Hillcrest Avenue
Ph: (831) 884-1278
Fx: (831) xxx-xxx
Monday - Friday
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Closed Holidays & Wednesdays
The Dunes on Monterey Bay (“The Dunes”) is a mixed-use, diverse, planned community that encompasses 429 acres of former Fort Ord, located in the City of Marina. It is located just east of Highway One and south of Imjin Parkway (Highway sign off Twelfth Street). The development is long-term, and is expected to be complete around 2020.
- University Village Apartments, a 108 unit apartment complex and community center is completed and fully occupied with a significant waiting list. This $12M project is located on 2nd Steet and 9th Street and serves very low income households. Their is currently a waiting list for prospective tenants.
Currently, the Dunes is actively working on the following exciting projects:
- Cinemark is a 10 screen theatre currently under construction in the Dunes on Monterey Bay shopping Center near 8th Street and General Stillwell Boulevard. A ground breaking ceremony was held on October 20, 2014 and the estimated opening date is September 5, 2015.
- The Dunes on Monterey Bay has constructed six model homes located at 3003 Boardwalk Avenue, Marina (corner of 10th and 2nd Avenue) These homes, built by Shea Homes are available for viewing and sale. Other homes are currently being built. Interest in these homes is strong. Model Homes are available for viewing!
Visit TheDunesOnMontereyBay.com for more information
- Retail and Restaurants (Scott Negri) in the Dunes on Monterey Bay Shopping Center consist of 21,000 Square feet retail development near the movie theatre.
- Veterans Affairs Marina Health Care Clinic–This 3-story; approximately 150,000 sq. ft. facility is located on a 14.31 acre project site within the Dunes on Monterey Bay Specific Plan area. MCWD and PG&E are working on utility easements, and the anticipated completion date for this $30M project is Summer 2016.
Visit the “What’s New” webpage for the latest updates!
When complete, the development will comprise:
For documents related to The Dunes on Monterey Bay (formerly University Villages) go to the Document Center.
View The Dunes Illustrative Plan Map
View The Dunes Second Implementation Agreement