City of Marina, CA
Print PageRSS Feeds
City of Marina

Go To Search
How do I get my vehicle back after it has been abated?
To recover an abated vehicle from a tow agency, you must first acquire a vehicle release from the Marina Police department. The requirements for obtaining a vehicle release are:
  • The vehicle registration must be current
  • If the registration is not current, a moving permit must be obtained from the Department of Motor Vehicles prior to requesting a vehicle release
The vehicle will only be released to the registered owner. The registered owner must posses a valid driver’s license or identification card. If the register owner does not possess a valid driver’s license, he/she must be accompanied by a licensed driver.

There is a $65 vehicle release fee. The fee must be paid in cash. This is a departmental fee and does not require any fees you will be required to pay the towing agency.

Police Department - Vehicle Abatement

Show All Answers

1. How do I get my vehicle back after it has been abated?
2. I reported an abandoned vehicle several times, so why has it not been removed?
3. My neighbors always park their vehicles in front of my house. What can I do?
4. How do I retrieve property from a vehicle that has been abated?
5. Why are there marks on my vehicle’s tire?

Tree City USA California redevelopment association award winner
City of Marina | 211 Hillcrest Avenue | Marina, CA 93933 | Phone: (831) 884-1278 | E-mail:
Contact Us     |    Hablan Español     |    Intranet     |    Sitemap     |    Accessibility     |    Powered by CivicPlus  |  Copyright Notices